Around 1900 - before the advent
of moving pictures - the Blaker started out as an auditorium
for vaudeville performances and was located on a pavilion owned
by Gilbert Blaker on the Boardwalk at Cedar Avenue. In 1913
William C. Hunt leased the theatre from Blaker and subsequently
purchased it in 1925. Hunt made several renovations over the
years and remodeled the theatre to have a more modern look.
The Blaker operated for many years and would eventually merge
with The Shore Theatre to become the Shore Four. It wasn't long
after the theatre closed. It still stands today but is deteriorating
rapidly. It is highly unlikely that this building will survive
the wrecking ball.