The original Regent Theatre
was located at Atlantic and Lincoln Avenues. Bill Hunt purchased
the theatre in 1921 and had it moved to the Boardwalk at Garfield
Avenue. The original building was constructed of wood. In the
mid 1940's the theatre was reconstucted with concrete block.
The Regent would undergo a major change in 1977 with the concept
of the Boardwalk Mall. Commisioned by The Falk family ( of Falk's
Gift Shops on the Wildwood Boardwalk) and designed by the architectural
firm of John Williamson the Regent was totally renovated to
create over 30 stores within the shell of the old theatre. Some
of the stores included "Edison Electric Body Lighting"
- which sold flashing designer jewlery - and "Chucky Chuckles"
- a magic and gag shop. The ground level was occupied by a large
video and pinball arcade and an 18 hole miniature golf course.
The apperance of the mall has changed over the years with the
addition of a beautiful mural painted by world reknown marine
artist Wyland. The seascape which graces the north and west
walls of the mall was painted by the artist in 1993 while on
his East Coast Tour.